    Regards
    Khalid Allouh
    , May 20, 2009

    On 20 May, 10:39, wrote:

    > What is a null statement ? Explain a typical use of it
    >
    > How can we use for loops when the number of  iterations are not known?

    You may not get useful answers to this question. This is because your
    post looks like "homework", that is question that is asked in order
    test someones knowledge of a subject they are being educated in. This
    need not be (but usually is) a formal educational course. You benefit
    from answering the question yourself, not by stealing the answer from
    elsewhere.

    For the null statement look in you text book (I suspect most
    practicing
    programmers couldn't give a good answer to this question; the issue
    is more theoretical than practical).

    Loops when the number of iterations is unknown? There must be some
    sort of termination criterion. Continue looping until the criterion
    is met.
    , May 20, 2009

  3. Doug Miller Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >What is a null statement ? Explain a typical use of it
    >
    >How can we use for loops when the number of iterations are not known?

    Do your own damn homework.
    Doug Miller, May 20, 2009

    On 20 May, 10:39, wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > What is a null statement ? Explain a typical use of it

    You rub it on your elbow when it aches...

    Oh! You asked for "typical". I thought you meant "topical".
    , May 20, 2009

    ;

    > Explain a typical use of it

    for (; *p; p++);

    > How can we use for loops when the number of  iterations are not known?

    For example, for (; *p; p++);
    , May 20, 2009