NullReferenceException when using crystalReportViewer.ReportSource

roopsd

I am using VS.NET 2003 with crystal reports XI release 2. I get a
runtime error at the following line:

oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ReportSource = oReport

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException'
occurred in mscorlib.dll

If I put the following statement inside a try catch block, it gives me
NullReferenceException. I have checked oReport to see that it has data.

Please help me with this.

Thanks for your help

Ray Booysen

roopsd said:
I am using VS.NET 2003 with crystal reports XI release 2. I get a
runtime error at the following line:

oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ReportSource = oReport

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException'
occurred in mscorlib.dll

If I put the following statement inside a try catch block, it gives me
NullReferenceException. I have checked oReport to see that it has data.

Please help me with this.

Thanks for your help
Can you post some of your code please?

roopsd

The following line is where it errors giving a null reference
exception:
oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ReportSource = oReport

I have tried binding the oDataSet to a datagrid, it does show me 2
tables of values.

Private Sub btnShowReport_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles btnShowReport.Click

Dim oDataSet As New ProductivityDataSet()
Dim oReport As New Productivity()
Dim oProductivityReport As New
GsaVoldrBiz.ProductivityReport()
Dim oRptForm As ImmWinForms.ReportViewer

Status.ShowStatus("Generating Productivity Report...")
Me.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor

oProductivityReport.GetProductivityReport(oDataSet,
dtpStartDate.Value, dtpEndDate.Value)

If oDataSet.Productivity.Rows.Count > 0 Then
Status.ShowStatus("Loading Productivity Report...")
oReport.SetDataSource(oDataSet)
oReport.SummaryInfo.ReportTitle = "Productivity Report"
oReport.SummaryInfo.ReportComments = "Start Date: " &
dtpStartDate.Text & " End Date: " & dtpEndDate.Text
'Create the Report Form
oRptForm =
ImmWinApplication.AddForm("ProductivityReport",
GetType(ImmWinForms.ReportViewer))

'Set the properties of the Report Form
oRptForm.Text = "Productivity Report"
oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ShowCloseButton = False
oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ShowGroupTreeButton =
False
oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.DisplayGroupTree = False
'oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ReportSource = oReport
Try
DataGrid1.DataSource = oDataSet

oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ReportSource = oReport
Catch ex As NullReferenceException

End Try

'Me.Cursor = Cursors.Default
'Status.HideStatus()
'Me.Close()
Else
Me.Cursor = Cursors.Default
Status.HideStatus()
MessageBox.Show("There are no records to report on,
please adjust your query and try again", "Search Results",
MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)
End If

End Sub
End Class

End Namespace

roopsd

Hi!
Thank you for looking at it.

I get a NullReferenceException at the following line:
oRptForm.crystalReportViewer.ReportSource = oReport

I have tried binding the oDataset to datagrid to make sure it has data,
it does show 2 tables with data.

Please advice what I should do.

Thank you.