NullUser and WindowsIdentity (ImpersonateAnonymousToken) has no groups

Eric Pearson

I create a user token for the windows anonymous user ("NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS
LOGON") using ImpersonateAnonymousToken. I successfully create a WindowsIdentity
from that token, but the Groups property always reports zero groups, even
though I have added the "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" user to groups manually.

What am I doing wrong?

Gaurav Vaish \(www.EduJini.IN\)

I don't think that "Anonymous Logon" can be added to any group...

I had the same problem sometime back... I had to create another user and
assign groups to the new user.

Not sure if I missed some information then or I am still missing something
now....

Eric Pearson

Yes, as I said "even though I have added the "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON"
user to groups manually.".

go to add a user to any group, type "ANONYMOUS LOGON" for the user, and it
should resolve to "NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Logon". It's just through code
those groups don't get associated.