Number 3 [was: Nested list]

Luigi Donatello Asero

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
My plane leaves for Roma in a few minutes. I'm going to set up a kiosk
near the Colosseum and ask all the Romans what they think of the page.
I'll report back soon.

You might ask them what they think about the number "3" as well....
after Roma´s match against Inter...

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Beauregard said:
My plane leaves for Roma in a few minutes. I'm going to set up a kiosk
near the Colosseum and ask all the Romans what they think of the page.
I'll report back soon.

Ok, I'm back.

I found that 97 of every 100 Italians thinks the page is too long and
too complicated. The other three said they were your cousins.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Ok, I'm back.

I found that 97 of every 100 Italians thinks the page is too long and
too complicated. The other three said they were your cousins.

Sorry, but the number was not statistically relevant...

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Besides, many of the users visiting the website have chosen to visit just
that page because they felt that it had a lot of useful content

Luigi, you may be a wily businessman, but you are no scientist.
People may go to that page and stay on it because they might
reckon that, Christ, if what they want to know is not on this
huge page, which surely has Luigi's answer to the universe in it
as well, then what is the point of looking elsewhere on his
site...

dorayme

What do you mean by the "then"?

Such being the case, under the circumstances...[/QUOTE]

But you got the circumstances wrong, the call was for others to
voice their opinion, not to discuss it with others

dorayme

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
My plane leaves for Roma in a few minutes. I'm going to set up a kiosk
near the Colosseum and ask all the Romans what they think of the page.
I'll report back soon.

You will, of course, be opening with "Friends, Romans,
countrymen, lend me your ears..." as you explain the question at
length...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Luigi, you may be a wily businessman, but you are no scientist.
People may go to that page and stay on it because they might
reckon that, Christ, if what they want to know is not on this
huge page, which surely has Luigi's answer to the universe in it
as well, then what is the point of looking elsewhere on his
site...

This was your opinion, was it not?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Such being the case, under the circumstances...

But you got the circumstances wrong, the call was for others to
voice their opinion, not to discuss it with others[/QUOTE]

Sorry, in my opinion
you did not get the point and this does not seem to have been the first
time either...
But you may think what you want...

dorayme

Sally Thompson said:
<Thinks out loud> There is a house near here which has the most massive and
hideous Christmas decorations all over it. Every inch of space is coloured
with flashing lights, dancing penguins, ho-ho-ing Santas. People come from
miles around just to see it because it is so unbelievably awful. I think the
people who live there think so many people visit because they admire it.
</End of wicked thoughts>

There are a few wildly Xmas lighted houses here over here too...
I make a point of driving past them with interstate and overseas
visitors around Xmas time ... :)

dorayme

I found that 97 of every 100 Italians thinks the page is too long and
too complicated. The other three said they were your cousins.

Sorry, but the number was not statistically relevant...[/QUOTE]

As I said before, Luigi, you are no scientist. If B managed to
find at random in front of the Vatican 100 Italians that had
visited your page, the stats he quotes would be quite significant
indeed.

dorayme

Luigi, you may be a wily businessman, but you are no scientist.
People may go to that page and stay on it because they might
reckon that, Christ, if what they want to know is not on this
huge page, which surely has Luigi's answer to the universe in it
as well, then what is the point of looking elsewhere on his
site...

This was your opinion, was it not?[/QUOTE]

Luigi, you should know by now that I never reveal my opinions. I
just pass on messages from my minders.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Sorry, but the number was not statistically relevant...

As I said before, Luigi, you are no scientist. If B managed to
find at random in front of the Vatican 100 Italians that had
visited your page, the stats he quotes would be quite significant
indeed.
[/QUOTE]

English, please....

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
This was your opinion, was it not?

Luigi, you should know by now that I never reveal my opinions. I
just pass on messages from my minders.[/QUOTE]

Fine, in this case it was theirs.

Chris F.A. Johnson

Sorry, but the number was not statistically relevant...

How can you say that? You don't know the sample size (or
composition). Do you even know what a "statistically relevant"
sample would be?

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
English, please....

Yes, sorry old pal... I was talking Martian ... I sometimes
helplessly slip into it as it is my natural language. I should

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Yes, sorry old pal... I was talking Martian ... I sometimes
helplessly slip into it as it is my natural language. I should
really have said:

Please, check up your use of subjunctive.
What he said was irrelevant.
He was only talking about a little part of Rome.
Furthermore I trust logins...

Luigi Donatello Asero

Chris F.A. Johnson said:
How can you say that? You don't know the sample size (or
composition). Do you even know what a "statistically relevant"
sample would be?

False.
He had written about the Romans and was talking about a kiosk near the
Colosseum.

dorayme

Luigi, you should know by now that I never reveal my opinions. I
just pass on messages from my minders.

Fine, in this case it was theirs.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I cannot agree with this either. I am going to tell a
little secret Luigi (and I trust that you and others reading this
will keep it that way). Listening? Come a little closer because I
have to whisper this:

Every Martian has a minder

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Please, check up your use of subjunctive.
What he said was irrelevant.
He was only talking about a little part of Rome.
Furthermore I trust logins...

I checked, what is wrong?

If he had set up in front of the Vatican where folk from all over
Italy and the world visit, this would not make it an unreliable
spot to be conducting such a survey.

Chris F.A. Johnson

What's false? The only statement in my post was "You don't know
the sample size (or composition)." Are you saying that you do
know? If so, how?
He had written about the Romans and was talking about a kiosk near the
Colosseum.

So?