Number of connection pools

Bernd

If I have a couple of apps that use the same connection string to they share
the same connection pool or does each app have its own connection pool?

sloan

It depends.

Post your connection string (with sensitive data placed with dummy values)

Describe your environment.

Web?
Winforms?

Apps? Where are they running? On individual PCs? On a server?

S. Justin Gengo

Bernd,

SQL Server will automatically pool connections for any connection string
that is EXACTLY the same as another. If your connections strings are
identical they will definitely pool.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

sloan

You sure?

<add name="MyInstance"
connectionString="server=MyServer\MyInstance;database=MyDB;Integrated
Security=SSPI;Application Name='MyApp';"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

Integrated Security? does it pool?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8xx3tyca(VS.80).aspx

Only connections with the same configuration can be pooled. ADO.NET keeps
several pools concurrently, one for each configuration. Connections are
separated into pools by connection string, as well as by Windows identity
when integrated security is used.

"S. Justin Gengo" <just