number of lines of TextBox in Multi-line mode

Guest

Is there any limitaion of the number of lines for TextBox?
How many lines can a TextBox have?
Thanks!

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

AFAIK, there is no limit, at least as far as HTML goes. You need to watch
the size, regardless, as you can end up with a rather heavy page.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Carl Prothman [MVP]

ZZ said:
Is there any limitaion of the number of lines for TextBox?
How many lines can a TextBox have?
Thanks!

When the ASP.NET TextBox renders in IE 6, it creates a "textarea" HTML
tag. http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#h-17.7

So I believe you are only limited by the amount of memory in the
client's PC.

To be sure, set the required size for your application, then test it on
browser / client machine that meets your minimum requirements for
your application.

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman