number of processors, number of cores, how can I get these numbers?

Jekyll

hi,
I have two questions,
1/ is there any OS function which return me the number of core on each
processor on my computer (callable from C++)
2/ is there any OS function which return me the number of processor on
my computer (callable from C++)
By OS I mean Windows (XP and later), Linux, Solaris...
Thanks
XS

red floyd

Jekyll said:
hi,
I have two questions,
1/ is there any OS function which return me the number of core on each
processor on my computer (callable from C++)

By definition, OS functions are not part of Standard C++, and are
therefore off-topic in comp.lang.c++. Ask in a newsgroup specific to
your platform. See FAQ 5.9,
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9
2/ is there any OS function which return me the number of processor on
my computer (callable from C++)

See above.

Victor Bazarov

Jekyll said:
I have two questions,
1/ is there any OS function which return me the number of core on each
processor on my computer (callable from C++)

If there is, this is not the right place to ask about, there are
newsgroups for all major OSes out there. Check the FAQ for the list
of the suggested places to post OS-specific questions.
2/ is there any OS function which return me the number of processor on
my computer (callable from C++)

Same answer.
By OS I mean Windows (XP and later), Linux, Solaris...

Ah... <shrug>