Number of WebMethods limited in .asmx file?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Scott, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Hi,

    I'm working with a large webservice project. This project exposes many
    different WebMethods in the .asmx file. Recently, I've been having problems
    with using the service. It builds with no problems, but when I use it, I
    get the following exception:

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to read
    request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML
    document (1, 220). ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Common Language
    Runtime detected an invalid program. at
    Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.InitID
    s() at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.Init(XmlReader r,
    XmlDeserializationEvents events, String encodingStyle, TempAssembly
    tempAssembly) at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.InvokeReader(Int32
    methodIndex, XmlReader xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events, String
    encodingStyle) at
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader,
    String encodingStyle) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader,
    String encodingStyle) at
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader) at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters() --- End of
    inner exception stack trace --- at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters() at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Invoke() at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.CoreProcessRequest()

    If I comment out some of the WebMethods, I am able to use the service with
    no problems. I can comment out any of them, it's not just certain ones.

    Does anyone know if there is any kind of size limitation or limit to the
    number of WebMethods allowed?

    Thanks

    Scott, Jul 26, 2004