    Pablo Guest

    How I can have a TextBox that to only lets me enter
    letters or numbers?
    Pablo, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Pablo

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Pablo" <> wrote in news:072f01c36be3$55b6fdf0
    $:

    > How I can have a TextBox that to only lets me enter
    > letters or numbers?

    You'll need to use Client side javascript.

    Or, you can put a custom validator on the server side and check the input.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Pablo

    Jerry III Guest

    You should always have a server side validator, just in case some of your
    users don't support JavaScript (or they turned it off). And remember,
    postbacks do not have to come from your page, it's so simple to fake a form
    submission with made up values. The moral is never trust anything that comes
    from the client, no matter how much validating JavaScript you have there.

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Aug 26, 2003