numerics and scientific calculation

Micah

Hi,

I'm looking for a C++ package to use for scientific computing. Things that
would be nice:
* Fast matrix multiplication
* Arbitrary precision
* Equation solvers
* Easy to use!!

If you have any favorites (or horror stories) please share them.

Thanks,
Micah

E. Robert Tisdale

Micah said:
I'm looking for a C++ package to use for scientific computing.
Things that would be nice:
* Fast matrix multiplication
* Arbitrary precision
* Equation solvers
* Easy to use!!

If you have any favorites (or horror stories) please share them.

Take a look at
The Object-Oriented Numerics Page

http://www.oonumerics.org/oon/

Jacek Dziedzic

Micah said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a C++ package to use for scientific computing. Things that
would be nice:
* Fast matrix multiplication
* Arbitrary precision
* Equation solvers
* Easy to use!!

If you have any favorites (or horror stories) please share them.

For all the matrix + linear equation systems stuff you might
want to try LAPACK. It's in FORTRAN in actuality, but interfaces
OK with C++. You can also get it for free and it is very fast.

Apart from that, try a better group -- this one deals with
Standard C++ and no packages whatsoever.

HTH,
- J.