NumericUpDownExtender Custom Control with autopostback set to true causing problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I have created a UpDown Custom Control for use in asp.net project as follows:-

<%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="UpDown.ascx.vb" Inherits="VoltOnline.UpDown" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
<asp:TextBox ID="txtUpDown" runat="server" CssClass="txtSmall" AutoPostBack="true" ></asp:TextBox>
<cc1:NumericUpDownExtender ID="nudUpDown" runat="server"
TargetControlID ="txtUpDown" TargetButtonDownID ="btnDown"
TargetButtonUpID ="btnUp">
</cc1:NumericUpDownExtender>
<asp:ImageButton ID="btnUp" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%$appSettings:Up %>' CausesValidation="False" />
<asp:ImageButton ID="btnDown" runat="server" ImageUrl ='<%$appSettings:Down %>' CausesValidation="False"/>

The issue I am encountering is that when I place the control on my page it works fine but any other textbox on the page with autopostback = "true" fails to work correctly (i.e. does not auto post back on text change, etc.)

If I change the custom control so that the textbox in the custom control has autopostback set to false. The textboxes on my page work fine.

However I wish my up down control to have autopostback property. Does anyone know why this is happening or a work around for this issue.

Thanks.

Ask a Question