  1. Usama Khan

    Usama Khan Guest

    my question is can we import newtonsmethod from nympy or sciPy?
    Usama Khan, Jan 1, 2013

  2. Chris Angelico, Jan 1, 2013

  3. Usama Khan

    Usama Khan Guest

    thanks. .

    but how to instal scipy. because its in .rar form. .i have extracted the files to the place where python2.7 is installed. . but everytime i write import sciPy. .it give me error. .
    nd regarding ur question. .

    its a long story telling u why i have just ask this breif question. . anyways thanks . .waiing for ur reply. .

    i just want to iterate my complex equation. .

    how can i import newtonsmethod from numpy as numpy is successfully insalled. .:)

    Usama Khan, Jan 2, 2013
  5. Usama Khan

    Usama Khan Guest

    yeah i have read it sir CrisA. .:)

    thanks . .:)

    i wish i could make u watch my google search list of last two days nd idm downlaodng list of last two days. .text me ur email id. .i can show u my efforts. .
    :)

    Usama Khan, Jan 2, 2013
  7. Usama Khan

    Usama Khan Guest

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:/Python27/12.py", line 4, in <module>
    import scipy # also has log
    File "C:/Python27\scipy\__init__.py", line 114, in <module>
    raise ImportError(msg)
    ImportError: Error importing scipy: you cannot import scipy while
    being in scipy source directory; please exit the scipy source
    tree first, and relaunch your python intepreter.

    Usama Khan, Jan 2, 2013
  9. Usama Khan

    alex23 Guest

    On Jan 2, 10:28 am, Usama Khan <> wrote:
    > but how to instal scipy. because its in .rar form. .i have extracted
    > the files to the place where python2.7 is installed. . but everytime
    > i write import sciPy. .it give me error. .

    If you want help, you have to remember we can't magically detect your
    development environment. Of course, you could always just read
    http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy and report back with explicit
    information on _what didn't work_.

    > i just want to iterate my complex equation. .
    > how can i import newtonsmethod from numpy as numpy is successfully
    > insalled. .:)

    Repeating the question because you're not listening to the answers
    given is growing tedious. Vlastimil provided you with a _direct link_
    to the relevant documentation: http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.optimize.newton.html

    If you can't import from scipy, then _fix that problem first_, because
    that's what you need to be able to do the rest.
    alex23, Jan 2, 2013
  10. Usama Khan

    alex23 Guest

    On Jan 2, 10:34 am, Usama Khan <> wrote:
    > i wish i could make u watch my google search list of last two days nd idmdownlaodng list of last two days. .text me ur email id. .i can show u my efforts. .
    > :)

    I'm guessing it would show you flailing around and _not_ typing "numpy
    newton's method", because that's all it took to bring up the direct
    link to the scipy documentation on importing & using it (first link),
    as well as full code samples of variants implemented directly in
    numpy.
    alex23, Jan 2, 2013
  11. Usama Khan

    Usama Khan Guest

    k thanks :)
    Usama Khan, Jan 2, 2013
  12. 2013/1/2 Usama Khan <>:
    > thanks. .
    >
    > but how to instal scipy. because its in .rar form. .i have extracted the files to the place where python2.7 is installed. . but everytime i write import sciPy. .it give me error. .
    > nd regarding ur question. .
    >
    > its a long story telling u why i have just ask this breif question. . anyways thanks . .waiing for ur reply. .
    >
    > i just want to iterate my complex equation. .
    >
    > how can i import newtonsmethod from numpy as numpy is successfully insalled. .:)

    I assume (based on the traceback you posted), that you are using
    windows; in that case you can use the appropriate ready made
    installers for SciPy, instead of the source files; see.:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/scipy/0.11.0/
    e.g.:
    scipy-0.11.0-win32-superpack-python2.7.exe

    hth,
    vbr
    Vlastimil Brom, Jan 2, 2013
  13. On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 16:42:13 -0800, Usama Khan wrote:

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "C:/Python27/12.py", line 4, in <module>
    > import scipy # also has log
    > File "C:/Python27\scipy\__init__.py", line 114, in <module>
    > raise ImportError(msg)
    > ImportError: Error importing scipy: you cannot import scipy while
    > being in scipy source directory; please exit the scipy source
    > tree first, and relaunch your python intepreter.

    Please read the error message. It tells you exactly what you need to do.

    You cannot import scipy while being in scipy source directory; please
    exit the scipy source tree first, and relaunch your python interpreter.

    Do you understand what a source directory is? It is a directory (a
    folder) with the source code in it. Leave the scipy directory, and re-
    start Python, then try importing scipy.

    --
    Steven
    Steven D'Aprano, Jan 2, 2013
  14. On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Usama Khan <> wrote:
    > yeah i have read it sir CrisA. .:)
    >
    > thanks . .:)
    >
    > i wish i could make u watch my google search list of last two days nd idm downlaodng list of last two days. .text me ur email id. .i can show u my efforts. .
    > :)

    Well, my "email id" (I presume you mean "email address") is perfectly
    visible in the headers of all my posts to this list/newsgroup. But
    that doesn't give you the right to email me a list of everything
    you've searched for, downloaded, etc. Plus, it wouldn't help your
    case; your posts carry no indication that you have learned from your
    web searches, so it doesn't matter what you've done. Your posts also
    bear no suggestion that you have read esr's excellent article on
    asking questions, which is why I reiterated it.

    So don't show me your efforts. Show me that you've learned from them.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Jan 2, 2013