    Can anybody help? Thank you in advance.

    Peter Farrell

    , Oct 29, 2012

  2. Chris Rebert Guest

    On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM, <> wrote:
    > I've learned a lot about Ubuntu just trying to install numpy for Python 3..2.3. I've finally managed to put it in the Python3.2 directory but when I try to import it, I still get there's "no module named numpy." There are other modules in the same directory, like 'email' and it imports fine.

    A. It properly belongs under "site-packages"
    B. You ought to just install it using pip
    (http://www.pip-installer.org ) or apt-get, rather than manually.

    > Does Numpy 1.6.2 not run with Python 3.2.3?

    They are compatible.
    http://scipy.github.com/faq.html#do-numpy-and-scipy-support-python-3-x :
    "The first release of NumPy to support Python 3 was NumPy 1.5.0."

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris Rebert, Oct 29, 2012

  3. On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM, <> wrote:
    > Hello to the group!
    >
    > I've learned a lot about Ubuntu just trying to install numpy for Python 3..2.3. I've finally managed to put it in the Python3.2 directory but when I try to import it, I still get there's "no module named numpy." There are other modules in the same directory, like 'email' and it imports fine.
    >
    > Does Numpy 1.6.2 not run with Python 3.2.3?
    >
    > Can anybody help? Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Peter Farrell
    > --

    Numpy is written in C. You can't just drop the source code into a
    folder. It has to be compiled against that version of Python. You
    could do that yourself, or you could just run "sudo apt-get install
    python3-numpy"

    Benjamin Kaplan, Oct 29, 2012
  4. Anssi Saari Guest

    writes:

    > Hello to the group!
    >
    > I've learned a lot about Ubuntu just trying to install numpy for Python 3.2.3. I've finally managed to put it in the Python3.2 directory but when I try to import it, I still get there's "no module named numpy." There are other modules in the same directory, like 'email' and it imports fine.
    >
    > Does Numpy 1.6.2 not run with Python 3.2.3?
    >
    > Can anybody help? Thank you in advance.

    What's the goal of this exercise? Ubuntu packages Python 3 and Numpy so
    all you need to do is install packages python3 and python3-numpy.

    Anssi Saari, Nov 8, 2012
  5. On 08/11/2012 8:09 AM, Anssi Saari wrote:
    > writes:
    >
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Does Numpy 1.6.2 not run with Python 3.2.3?

    It does on the Raspberry Pi, which uses a variant of Debian.

    Colin W.

    Colin J. Williams, Nov 8, 2012