NUnit Testing

JJ

Hi,

In Nunit testing with asp.net are you guys creating a separate Test
assembly for testing or integrating right in class themselves? Is
anyone using a third party Unit Test addon for Nunit to test asp.net?
What is it called, and how do you like what you are using? Any problems
testing user controls with it? Any body have any real world examples of
Nunit with asp.net that they can share. Just a skeleton layout would
suffice. How many here are Unit Test?
Do you really write your test cases first before actually writing out
code?

Thanks,

Lau Lei Cheong

Yes. That's called NUnitASP, also under sourceforge I think.

It works in conjunction to NUnit to create testsuite. NUnitASP has the
ability to iterate through controls with IDs on the web pages to see if the
result are expected.

While it works, I'm not completely satisfied with it because it seems
doesn't provide convienent way to test interactions between pages. It CAN
test the interaction, but I somehow can't figure out how to create a
testsuite that can fit on the "nunit-gui.exe"(I know I'm asking too much.
It's seems doesn't exist a way to elegently provide a generalized test
result on this) I think I'll remark it to be a good testing platform on
report pages.

alex_f_il

Look at SW Explorer Automation (SWEA,
http:\\home.comcast.net/~furmana/SWIEAutomation.htm). The tool allows
to visually record the testing scripts. It supports pages with frames,
javascript, popup windows and dialog boxes.

The article (http://www.testingreflections.com/node/view/2763) explains

how to use SWEA for testing.