NVU and FTP site manager

f.baffetti

Hi all, I am an NVU newbie, but I feel it can offer great performance
and useful services: I just need a help on the following:

- my website is configured on a Linux box and the root of the FTP site
contains some symbolic links to the main tree subfolders with HTML and
CGI "physical" folders (i.e. html links to /var/www/html, etc...)

- when I set the site in the FTP site manager I understand that I can
only access via HTTP ("HTTP address of your homepage...") so that I
cannot access to the files via FTP

- as per the above, when I correctly access the site in the FTP site
manager I can see the "files", but the symlinks appears as files... so
that I can open them, but as HTML pages containing the html code with
the subtree of the files

This is useless to me, because I cannot access the whole tree of the
site via FTP, and I cannot edit it via HTTP!

Am I wrong? Is there a workaround for this behaviour?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Federico

Chaddy2222

Hi all, I am an NVU newbie, but I feel it can offer great performance
and useful services: I just need a help on the following:

- my website is configured on a Linux box and the root of the FTP site
contains some symbolic links to the main tree subfolders with HTML and
CGI "physical" folders (i.e. html links to /var/www/html, etc...)

- when I set the site in the FTP site manager I understand that I can
only access via HTTP ("HTTP address of your homepage...") so that I
cannot access to the files via FTP

- as per the above, when I correctly access the site in the FTP site
manager I can see the "files", but the symlinks appears as files... so
that I can open them, but as HTML pages containing the html code with
the subtree of the files

This is useless to me, because I cannot access the whole tree of the
site via FTP, and I cannot edit it via HTTP!
Try a full FTP Client. Such CoreFTP. download it from:
http://www.coreftp.com
You should be able to both view and edit your files with that program.
I use it all the time to upload and download my websites.
Am I wrong? Is there a workaround for this behaviour?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Federico
The NVU site manager is a bit buggy as far as I can tell.