NYJavaSIG - 05/19/04 Meeting - Agile Technologies for J2EE/SOA

Frank D. Greco

NEW YORK JavaSIG,

AGILE Development for J2EE Service-Oriented Architectures
Who: Jon Kern, Compuware
Dave Fowler, BEA
When: Wed May 19, 2004
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Where: Sun Microsystems
101 Park Avenue (40th St), 4th Floor
NY, NY 10176
Gramercy Park Room (#4140)
MAPQUEST> http://tinyurl.com/d6pq

PLEASE REGISTER via:
www.javasig.com/examples/javasig/MeetingInfo.jsp

--------
ABSTRACT
--------
Finally, we all have finally come to the realization that a
services-oriented architecture fits most large-scale enterprise systems.

But does it take waaaaayy too long to develop components for such an
architecture such as internal services, portal technology, web services
and legacy integration? Wouldn't you rather be having a brewski with
your hacker friends instead of dealing with the boring parts of building
this stuff?

If your answer to either question is "yes", you should come listen to the
senior technologists from BEA and Compuware describe and demonstrate a
more productive approach to building J2EE SOA components known as Agile
(agilemanifesto.org). They will show you how the Object Management
Group's Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) specification coupled with a
visual "code container" development framework offers not only a practical
approach to agile development, but more importantly, a more reliable
and robust way to build and maintain J2EE applications.

* Agile Development through MDA - Jon Kern (Compuware)
* Visual Development Frameworks -- Dave Fowler (BEA)
* Demonstration (modifying a J2EE management application)
* Q&A

Jon Kern is an author of The Agile Manifesto, co-author of Java Design
with Peter Coad and one of the founders of TogetherSoft.

Should be a fun meeting. If you're interested in finding out more about
the AGILE development process, I'd suggest attending.

Special thanks our host Sun Microsystems (Thanks Nadja!) For supplying
the food and refreshments!

Frank G.
- www.javasig.com

| Crossroads Technologies Inc. |
| www.CrossroadsTech dot com |
| fgreco at REMOVE!cross!roads!tech!dot!com|