    Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?

    There is no reason I should have both, is there?

    Thanks in advance

    Cal Who, Jun 23, 2010

  2. Cal Who

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Cal Who wrote:
    > I have vs2010 Ultimate and just noticed I also have installed MS Visual
    > Developer 2010 Express.
    >
    > I think that may have been downloaded by MS Web Platform when I downloaded
    > something else - but I'm not sure!
    >
    > I definetly do not want to mess up my VS2010 but would like to delete the MS
    > Visual Developer 2010 Express if I don't need it.
    >
    > Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?
    >
    > There is no reason I should have both, is there?

    Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
    installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install
    the one you need to avoid any potential problems.

    Mr. Arnold, Jun 23, 2010

  3. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > Cal Who wrote:
    >> I have vs2010 Ultimate and just noticed I also have installed MS Visual
    >> Developer 2010 Express.
    >>
    >> I think that may have been downloaded by MS Web Platform when I
    >> downloaded something else - but I'm not sure!
    >>
    >> I definetly do not want to mess up my VS2010 but would like to delete the
    >> MS Visual Developer 2010 Express if I don't need it.
    >>
    >> Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?
    >>
    >> There is no reason I should have both, is there?
    >>

    > Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
    > installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install the
    > one you need to avoid any potential problems.

    I hate to reinstall Ultimate - it takes a while.

    That's why I worry about uninstalling Express.

    Does Express have anything that Ultimate doesn't? I wouldn't expect it.

    Thanks

    Cal Who, Jun 24, 2010
  4. Cal Who

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Cal Who wrote:
    > "Mr. Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> Cal Who wrote:
    >>> I have vs2010 Ultimate and just noticed I also have installed MS Visual
    >>> Developer 2010 Express.
    >>>
    >>> I think that may have been downloaded by MS Web Platform when I
    >>> downloaded something else - but I'm not sure!
    >>>
    >>> I definetly do not want to mess up my VS2010 but would like to delete the
    >>> MS Visual Developer 2010 Express if I don't need it.
    >>>
    >>> Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?
    >>>
    >>> There is no reason I should have both, is there?
    >>>

    >> Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
    >> installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install the
    >> one you need to avoid any potential problems.

    > I hate to reinstall Ultimate - it takes a while.

    Are you going somewhere?

    > That's why I worry about uninstalling Express.
    >
    > Does Express have anything that Ultimate doesn't? I wouldn't expect it.

    Maybe if you started VS2010 U and E at the same time, you might have
    resource conflict and lockout.

    Mr. Arnold, Jun 24, 2010
  5. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > Cal Who wrote:
    >> "Mr. Arnold" <> wrote in message

    >>> Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
    >>> installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install
    >>> the one you need to avoid any potential problems.

    >> I hate to reinstall Ultimate - it takes a while.

    > Are you going somewhere?
    >>
    >> That's why I worry about uninstalling Express.
    >>
    >> Does Express have anything that Ultimate doesn't? I wouldn't expect it.
    >>

    > Maybe if you started VS2010 U and E at the same time, you might have
    > resource conflict and lockout.

    I'm just going to delete U

    thanks

    Cal Who, Jun 24, 2010
  6. Cal Who

    Rajeev Gopal Guest

    On Jun 24, 7:43 am, " Cal Who" <> wrote:
    > "Mr. Arnold" <> wrote in message

    > >  Cal Who wrote:
    > >> "Mr. Arnold" <> wrote in message

    > >> I hate to reinstall Ultimate - it takes a while.

    > > Are you going somewhere?

    > >> That's why I worry about uninstalling Express.

    > >> Does Express  have anything that Ultimate doesn't? I wouldn't expect it.

    > > Maybe if you started VS2010 U and E at the same time, you might have
    > > resource conflict and lockout.

    > I'm just going to delete U
    >
    > thanks- Hide quoted text -

    Its always best to get a clean install. Else, you might loose lot of
    time ahead. Uninstall both and install U.

    Rajeev Gopal, Jun 24, 2010
  7. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    Cal Who, Jun 24, 2010