    offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for, thought I
    would ask this group.
    Thanks.
    Joe Mamma, Jun 12, 2005

  2. "Joe Mamma" <nerp.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone use godaddy.com to transfer domain to? Mine is running out and they
    > offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for, thought
    > I would ask this group.

    I've always preferred eNom.com. The management interface is easy and
    straightforward - and gives you alot of options. I didn't care for
    godaddy.com.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
    Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers
    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jun 12, 2005

  3. Joe Mamma wrote:
    > Anyone use godaddy.com to transfer domain to? Mine is running out and they
    > offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for, thought I
    > would ask this group.
    > Thanks.

    I have 17 domains registered with them, and have not had any problems..

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jun 12, 2005
  4. Joe Mamma

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Joe Mamma" <nerp.com> writing in

    > Anyone use godaddy.com to transfer domain to? Mine is running out and
    > they
    > offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for,
    > thought I would ask this group.
    > Thanks.

    I've got a bunch of domains registered with them, and I've never had a
    problem. My only complaint with them is they try to sell stuff that a
    novice might not know is not essential.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, Jun 12, 2005
  5. Joe Mamma

    BruceB Guest

    > Anyone use godaddy.com to transfer domain to? Mine is running out and they
    > offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for, thought
    > I would ask this group.
    > Thanks.

    Well, they got a Site Builder that's a real piece of crap.

    I think the main thing is that you want them to stay in business.. And
    have a decent interface..

    Personally, I use hostway.com and am pretty happy with them. The few
    times I had a question, they got right back with a personally crafted
    answer. I used to use Dotster but switched away from them as I didn't like
    the GUI as well plus hostway is cheaper by a lot.

    Like everyone else, I'd stay away from Network Solutions, and if you've
    heard Register.com's radio ads you would probably stay away from that scammy
    outfit..

    Best of luck to you..

    Bruce
    BruceB, Jun 12, 2005
  6. "Joe Mamma" <nerp.com> skrev i melding
    > Anyone use godaddy.com to transfer domain to? Mine is running out and they
    > offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for, thought

    > would ask this group.
    > Thanks.

    I recommend GoDaddy.com from the bottom of my heart. I registered my first
    domain with them back in 2001, and now I have 55 domains in my account with
    them. I've never had a problem from their end so far.

    I've even transferred a few of my .info domains to my account at GoDaddy.com
    without major problems (there was just a slight misunderstanding in
    communications at the previous registrar that held up the transfer for a
    little bit, but that worked out just fine).

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    Kim André Akerø, Jun 12, 2005
  7. On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:12:31 -0700, "Joe Mamma" <nerp.com> wrote:

    > Anyone use godaddy.com to transfer domain to? Mine is running out and they
    >offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for, thought I
    >would ask this group.
    >Thanks.

    I've never used them for domain registration. I wanted to use
    their email service and asked if I could point my MX record at them
    and let them handle the email for my Network Solutions registered
    domain. They told me that that could be done, so I signed up. I was
    not able to get it to work, so I called them and asked 'What gives?'.
    Then, they told me that whomever had told me that had told me wrong.
    They refunded my money without any argument. Apparently, a year
    later, they charged my credit card for renewal and I missed it.
    During that following year, I changed my credit card number. So, when
    they tried to bill me for yet the next year, it bounced and they
    contacted me about it.

    They refunded the subsequent billing and assured me that I
    wouldn't be billed again (it will be hard for them to do it because
    they don't have my current credit card number).

    They were honest and refunded the money. But, I'd be a little
    leary about what their tech support folks tell you. It might or might
    not be right.

    Of course, that's true for a lot of these companies. If I had
    a nickle for every time some tech support guy told me something that
    was wrong or took an action that was incorrect, I'd be a
    multi-millionaire.

    I use Registernames (http://www.registernames.com). They've
    yet to tell me anything that was wrong and always seem to be in
    control of what's going on. I can recommend them highly. And their
    prices aren't bad at all.

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jun 13, 2005
  8. On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:12:57 -0700, "(PeteCresswell)" <>
    wrote:

    >Per Joe Mamma:
    >> you get what you pay for,

    >I used InterNic/VeriSign and wound up with a fradulent recurring charge on my
    >credit card some months later. Some blatently-BS service about "getting better
    >deals on certain goods and services".
    >
    >They claimed that I had elected it as an option when I filled out
    >Internic/VeriSign's registration screens. No way Jose'.

    You probably did click on something on that site that was in
    'fine print', so to speak. But did you knowingly agree to it,
    probably not. That's the way they do things these days.

    I got an upgrade to Real Player. Suddenly, I notice that I am
    getting a monthly recurring charge for some entertainment service that
    they were providing. I got my credit card company involved and got
    the matter straightened out. They credited my account.

    Regards,

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jun 13, 2005
  9. Joe Mamma

    Joe Mamma Guest

    > Anyone use godaddy.com to transfer domain to? Mine is running out and they
    > offer real good prices but as they say, you get what you pay for, thought
    > I would ask this group.
    > Thanks.

    Thanks all, I plan to pick 'manual renewal', even if they go out of biz, do
    they reserve my registrar for (ie. 5 years) in advance so I am safe anyway?
    Thanks.
    Joe Mamma, Jun 13, 2005
  10. Per Joe Mamma:

    (PeteCresswell), Jun 13, 2005
  11. Joe Mamma

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Fred Atkinson wrote:

    > Of course, that's true for a lot of these companies. If I had
    > a nickle for every time some tech support guy told me something that
    > was wrong or took an action that was incorrect, I'd be a
    > multi-millionaire.

    Egads! You deal with *way* too many tech support people.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Jun 13, 2005
  12. Per Fred Atkinson:
    >You probably did click on something on that site that was in
    >'fine print', so to speak.

    I think more in terms of a checkbox that's defaulted to True and stragegically
    placed (like at the very bottom of a page whose "Proceed" button is in view, but
    whose "find print" is off the screen on, say, 1024x768.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Jun 13, 2005
  13. Joe Mamma

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:51:28 +0100, Toby Inkster
    <> wrote:

    >>If I had
    >> a nickle for every time some tech support guy told me something that
    >> was wrong or took an action that was incorrect, I'd be a
    >> multi-millionaire.

    >Egads! You deal with *way* too many tech support people.

    Maybe he deals with very few, but they not only lie, they do it
    extremely rapidly.

    By call-centre metrics, that would probably make them "employee of the
    month".
    Andy Dingley, Jun 13, 2005
  14. On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:25:05 -0700, "(PeteCresswell)" <>
    wrote:

    >Per Fred Atkinson:
    >>You probably did click on something on that site that was in
    >>'fine print', so to speak.

    >I think more in terms of a checkbox that's defaulted to True and stragegically
    >placed (like at the very bottom of a page whose "Proceed" button is in view, but
    >whose "find print" is off the screen on, say, 1024x768.

    Exactly my point.

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Jun 13, 2005
  15. Joe Mamma

    Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:

    >I think more in terms of a checkbox that's defaulted to True and stragegically
    >placed (like at the very bottom of a page whose "Proceed" button is in view, but
    >whose "find print" is off the screen on, say, 1024x768.

    To bring this back on topic a bit for alt.html:

    I use a job website at jobserve.co.uk Some agencies post their email
    address here, others use a "fill in the web form to reply" approach.
    After you've gone throguh the web form there's a set of four radio
    buttons in a vertical column, offering options from "Just tell me about
    the job" to "Spam the crap out of me forever". The adjoining column
    contains four paragraphs of explanatory caption for each choice.

    However owing to some poor HTML coding, the captions aren't aligned
    vertically with the radio buttons. Use a small text size and they
    shrink, so that the 4th caption (no spam today) is alongside the 3rd
    button (yum, I like spam).

    Incidentally, the agencies don't actually follow these requests - but
    what else can you expect?
    Andy Dingley, Jun 14, 2005