obfuscate email link in mailto, protect from spammers, possible?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by mscir, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. mscir

    mscir Guest

    Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:09:06 -0700

    I'm working on a page where the author insists on using mailto for now,
    he will have me change it to a formmail later when he finds a permanent
    home for the site.

    I'm using an email obfuscator so spammers (search engines/robots?) don't
    find his email address in the page, and I'm wondering if this approach
    is good enough. The address (shortened) looks like this:

    Click her</a>

    Can the spammers decode this? If so, any suggestons about how I can make
    it more difficult for them?

    Any comments appreciated,
    MIke
    mscir, Apr 26, 2006