    is, if it possible, find a mechanism for Obfuscated the xsl source code .

    thanks.

    --Fix

    fix, Nov 27, 2003

  2. fix wrote:
    > Hello,
    > i need to protect my xsl file.
    >
    > In my xsl i have a mechanism for defining a personal stylesheet, what i want to do
    > is, if it possible, find a mechanism for Obfuscated the xsl source code .
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > --Fix

    mode="witty"

    You dont need to, xslt is already obfuscated

    mode="serious"

    Unlike normal program code where you get to defined loads of functions and
    variables and the language lets you create all types of structures XSLT is
    very basic. 90% of the work you need to do can be done by standard constructs.
    If you use variable names you could try making them missleading. The only
    other option is to make your XML so confusing that getting a grip on the XSL
    becomes harder.

    It will then make your XML and XSL much, much harder to maintain

    Besides anyone with half a brain and some skill should be able to duplicate
    the functionality of your XSL by looking at the XML and the resulting output.

    If anyone technical was to look at your obfuscated XSL they would probably
    raise their hands and say something like 'this has been written by an idiot,
    we cannot use it'

    The choice is yours.

    Peter Hickman, Nov 28, 2003

  3. fix

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 27 Nov 2003 06:38:58 -0800, (fix) wrote:

    >if it possible, find a mechanism for Obfuscated the xsl source code .

    Once you've done this, find the de-obfuscater. You'll make a fortune!

    Seriously, could XSLTC do this ?
    (I have no idea if it can, but it's worth a look)

    Andy Dingley, Nov 28, 2003
  4. fix

    fix Guest

    Replay:
    > On 27 Nov 2003 06:38:58 -0800, (fix) wrote:
    >
    > >if it possible, find a mechanism for Obfuscated the xsl source code .

    > Once you've done this, find the de-obfuscater. You'll make a fortune!
    >

    > Seriously, could XSLTC do this ?
    > (I have no idea if it can, but it's worth a look)

    I think that the solution isn't in obfusctor,
    but what can i do ???

    I think to encript a xsl as a simple file and create a program
    that receive in input xsl, xml file decript runtime xsl and return
    a HTML File.
    The problem is that when decript that i file i need to that somewhere and
    the problem return :-(

    Can you suggest something

    --Fix

    fix, Nov 28, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    fix <> wrote:

    % I think to encript a xsl as a simple file and create a program
    % that receive in input xsl, xml file decript runtime xsl and return
    % a HTML File.
    % The problem is that when decript that i file i need to that somewhere and
    % the problem return :-(

    You can decrypt it to a variable and read the xsl from that variable.
    I expect that's possible with any xslt class or library.
    --

    Patrick TJ McPhee
    East York Canada

    Patrick TJ McPhee, Nov 28, 2003