Obfuscated xsl

fix

Hello,
i need to protect my xsl file.

In my xsl i have a mechanism for defining a personal stylesheet, what i want to do
is, if it possible, find a mechanism for Obfuscated the xsl source code .

thanks.

--Fix

Peter Hickman

fix said:
Hello,
i need to protect my xsl file.

In my xsl i have a mechanism for defining a personal stylesheet, what i want to do
is, if it possible, find a mechanism for Obfuscated the xsl source code .

thanks.

--Fix

mode="witty"

You dont need to, xslt is already obfuscated

mode="serious"

Unlike normal program code where you get to defined loads of functions and
variables and the language lets you create all types of structures XSLT is
very basic. 90% of the work you need to do can be done by standard constructs.
If you use variable names you could try making them missleading. The only
other option is to make your XML so confusing that getting a grip on the XSL
becomes harder.

It will then make your XML and XSL much, much harder to maintain

Besides anyone with half a brain and some skill should be able to duplicate
the functionality of your XSL by looking at the XML and the resulting output.

If anyone technical was to look at your obfuscated XSL they would probably
raise their hands and say something like 'this has been written by an idiot,
we cannot use it'

The choice is yours.

Andy Dingley

if it possible, find a mechanism for Obfuscated the xsl source code .

Once you've done this, find the de-obfuscater. You'll make a fortune!

Seriously, could XSLTC do this ?
(I have no idea if it can, but it's worth a look)

fix

Replay:
Once you've done this, find the de-obfuscater. You'll make a fortune!

Seriously, could XSLTC do this ?
(I have no idea if it can, but it's worth a look)

I think that the solution isn't in obfusctor,
but what can i do ???

I think to encript a xsl as a simple file and create a program
that receive in input xsl, xml file decript runtime xsl and return
a HTML File.
The problem is that when decript that i file i need to that somewhere and
the problem return :-(

Can you suggest something

--Fix

Patrick TJ McPhee

% I think to encript a xsl as a simple file and create a program
% that receive in input xsl, xml file decript runtime xsl and return
% a HTML File.
% The problem is that when decript that i file i need to that somewhere and
% the problem return :-(

You can decrypt it to a variable and read the xsl from that variable.
I expect that's possible with any xslt class or library.