obfuscation

Guest

How important is to use obfuscation on an asp.net application dll?

or i guess what i'm asking is:

On a machine that is not compromised how secure are web.config and the 'bin'
folder?

Thanks.

Karl Seguin

So far there've been no holes to allow such access in IIS 6.0 or ASP.Net.
I'd be more worried about people getting access through the O/S, but a well
patched 2000/3 machine should do well. Obfuscation would obviously help if
you were paranoid about someone getting access to the DLL, but it's mostly
used when you are shipping a product to a client. I wouldn't worry too much
about it unless. Of course, I don't own any of the applications I write :)
Considering how easy obfuscating code can be, it might be worth the small
investment if you have a paranoid boss.

Karl