Obfuscation

Yama

Hi ALL,

VS.NET 2003 comes with standard version of PreEmptive's Dotfuscator. I have used it but I wanted to know how to convince my boss to get the upgraded version as you still can steal intellectual work even though it has been obfuscated with the standard version. Is there a reliable document that explains to a boss the reason why you might not want to use the standard version alone?

Thanks,

Yama

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, I believe this is the obfuscation documentation you seek:
http://www.preemptive.com/products/dotfuscator/Editions.html

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Hi ALL,

VS.NET 2003 comes with standard version of PreEmptive's Dotfuscator. I have used it but I wanted to know how to convince my boss to get the upgraded version as you still can steal intellectual work even though it has been obfuscated with the standard version. Is there a reliable document that explains to a boss the reason why you might not want to use the standard version alone?

Thanks,

Yama

Yama

What is your favourite Obfuscator? Both in price and in reputation...

Yes, I believe this is the obfuscation documentation you seek:
http://www.preemptive.com/products/dotfuscator/Editions.html

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://Steve.Orr.net

Hi ALL,

VS.NET 2003 comes with standard version of PreEmptive's Dotfuscator. I have used it but I wanted to know how to convince my boss to get the upgraded version as you still can steal intellectual work even though it has been obfuscated with the standard version. Is there a reliable document that explains to a boss the reason why you might not want to use the standard version alone?

Thanks,

Yama

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I don't have a favorite, but here are several more for you to choose from:
http://www.lesser-software.com/ilobf.htm
http://www.junglecreatures.com/DesktopDefault.aspx
http://www.9rays.net/cgi-bin/components.cgi?act=1&cid=86
http://www.remotesoft.com/salamander/obfuscator.html