Obfuscator

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

cool2005 said:
I am looking for a javascript obfuscator that can
turn javascript into a binary format but couldn't find one.

Define "binary format".

Javascript, when passed to the browser, must be in a browser readable
format. Currently, that means plain text. IE supports some form of
"encryption" (which can be broken in two minutes of Googling), but
that means that no other browser can see the script.
I noticed that the javascript grid control from EBA

http://developer.ebusiness-apps.com...lopment/codeandcomponents/ebagrid/default.htm

delivered as binary form.

Can you be more precise? What should I do to see a binary form of
the grid?
Can anyone suggestion an obfuscator converting javascript to
binary?

No, sorry.

If you just want to make it unreadable (read: not as easily readable),
then you can probably find some, but I doubt it is worth the effort.

Obfuscation is an attempt at adding security. What is the threat you
are trying to protect against? What is the cost if the threat comes
through? What is the probability of that? That all decides how much
you should invest in prtection, both time and money. Again, I doubt
it is worth it.

/L