Obfuscator

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by cool2005, May 16, 2005.

  1. cool2005

    cool2005 Guest

    cool2005, May 16, 2005

  2. "cool2005" <> writes:

    > I am looking for a javascript obfuscator that can
    > turn javascript into a binary format but couldn't find one.

    Define "binary format".

    Javascript, when passed to the browser, must be in a browser readable
    format. Currently, that means plain text. IE supports some form of
    "encryption" (which can be broken in two minutes of Googling), but
    that means that no other browser can see the script.

    > I noticed that the javascript grid control from EBA
    >
    > http://developer.ebusiness-apps.com...lopment/codeandcomponents/ebagrid/default.htm
    >
    > delivered as binary form.

    Can you be more precise? What should I do to see a binary form of
    the grid?

    > Can anyone suggestion an obfuscator converting javascript to
    > binary?

    No, sorry.

    If you just want to make it unreadable (read: not as easily readable),
    then you can probably find some, but I doubt it is worth the effort.

    Obfuscation is an attempt at adding security. What is the threat you
    are trying to protect against? What is the cost if the threat comes
    through? What is the probability of that? That all decides how much
    you should invest in prtection, both time and money. Again, I doubt
    it is worth it.

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -