"Object already exists" error when trying to send email

David

My email application was working a couple of weeks ago,
then all of a sudden I get

Error Type:
(0x8009000F)
Object already exists.

I checked the permissions on the machinekeys directory
like the KB article said it still doesn't work. Does
have any ideas?

Thanks,
David

I am using Windows 2000 server SP4.
Below is the code that I am using
<%
strFrom = "(e-mail address removed)"
strTo = "(e-mail address removed)"
strSubject = "Email Test"
strBody = "It must have worked"
set myCDONTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
myCDONTSMail.Send strFrom, strTo, strSubject, strBody
set myCDONTSMail = Nothing
%>

Ray at

Are you sure that is the code in error? Is there a line number indicated?
One thing to try is to add SERVER. before CreateObject:

set myCDONTSMail = SERVER.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

Also, have a look at http://www.aspfaq.com/2119 and see the Windows XP
section. You should try to start using CDOSYS for e-mail instead of CDONTS.

Ray at work

Bullschmidt

Perhaps try using a very simple e-mail page for testing. And if that
doesn't work, contact the Web host's tech support.

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com