"Object already exists" error when trying to send email

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    My email application was working a couple of weeks ago,
    then all of a sudden I get

    Error Type:
    (0x8009000F)
    Object already exists.

    I checked the permissions on the machinekeys directory
    like the KB article said it still doesn't work. Does
    have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    David

    I am using Windows 2000 server SP4.
    Below is the code that I am using
    <%
    strFrom = ""
    strTo = ""
    strSubject = "Email Test"
    strBody = "It must have worked"
    set myCDONTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    myCDONTSMail.Send strFrom, strTo, strSubject, strBody
    set myCDONTSMail = Nothing
    %>
    David, Oct 1, 2003

  2. David

    Ray at Guest

    Are you sure that is the code in error? Is there a line number indicated?
    One thing to try is to add SERVER. before CreateObject:

    set myCDONTSMail = SERVER.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

    Also, have a look at http://www.aspfaq.com/2119 and see the Windows XP
    section. You should try to start using CDOSYS for e-mail instead of CDONTS.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 1, 2003

  3. David

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Perhaps try using a very simple e-mail page for testing. And if that
    doesn't work, contact the Web host's tech support.

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Oct 2, 2003