Object Browser Description

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dean Chapman, Sep 12, 2004.

  1. Dean Chapman

    Dean Chapman Guest

    Hi all,

    I wonder if anyone can help,

    I have been tearing my hair out, the little i have over the last couple of
    days and am trying to have a description appear in the Object browser for
    any function I write.

    I have tried several possibilities, my final which i think is where im
    heading in the right direction is using the attributes and specifically the
    Description attribute. However I am still unable to get anything to appear
    in object browser.

    I am using VB.net and have tried this with public functions, subs enums etc
    in aspx.vb back end files and seperate modules.

    Any help would be appreciated, even just an indication im going in the right
    direction.

    Thanks in advance
    Dean

    Dean Chapman, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Dean Chapman

    Karl Guest

    It works based on XML comments, which vb.net doesn't support. you can get a
    [free] third party plugin to do this:
    http://www.fesersoft.com/products/vbxmlcomments/default.asp

    Karl

    --