Object Error whe i use window.opener

JLuv

I have a try/catch block that sends an alert() and i get the msg
"Object Error". I have narrowed my code down to one cause...

window.opener.form1.hdnChoice.value

I've even tried different methods of getting this value...

window.opener.form1.getElementbyId('hdnChoice').value
eval('window.opener.form1.hdnChoice.value');

and i get the same error everytime. I have no idea what's wrong. I've
used the *exact* same method in another function that works fine. The
form name is correct and the element id is correct.
Any help?