<Object> not updating client object with newer version

oopaevah

I have a problem with the <object> tag. Our object has just been
updated so it has a new version number. I have changed the object tag
to reflect the new version number :

<object id="Client" width="0" height="0"
classid="CLSID:D0301001-46F3-40ee-978A-A015A72AE184"
codebase="PrPrint.dll#version=2.1.2.3" >
</object>

To this :

<object id="Client" width="0" height="0"
classid="CLSID:D0301001-46F3-40ee-978A-A015A72AE184"
codebase="PrPrint.dll#version=2.3.1.5" >
</object>

Problem is that clients who have the older version (2.1.2.3) do not get
the newer version. I thought that is the version number in the object
tag is greater than the version number of the previously downloaded
object on the client then the client would download the new object from
the server.

I'm sure this has worked from previous version jumps. What affects
whether or not the object is update on the client? I presume that
something else is stopping the object being updated bu I don't know
what.

When I delete the old version of the object from the downloaded
programs folder the new version is downloaded. But the old version is
not updated if the version is different as it should be.

Could it be something to do with the way the object has been coded for
the new version?

I need it to update we have hundreds of client machines and we can't
delete the object from each one so they get the new one!

oopaevah

Seperate the version numbers with commas not full stops. It's as simple
as that.

It wouldn't be difficult for the object tag to support full stops as
well. Full stops are the standard for seperating version numbers too.
Works now.