Object Positioning

Danny C

I am not a web developer but have thrown together simple pages in the
past. I am trying to set up a page for a friend. I want 5 navigation
buttons on the left and a picture between the buttons and the right margin.
I have the buttons (.gif) but I can't seem to get them arranged like I want.
Is there a way to position objects on a web page using the left and top
border. I used to do Visual Basic and each object on a form has it position
in properties based on the left and top border of the object in distance
from the left and top border of the form it's on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Danny

William Tasso

Danny said:
I am not a web developer but have thrown together simple pages in
the past. I am trying to set up a page for a friend. I want 5
navigation buttons on the left and a picture between the buttons and
the right margin. I have the buttons (.gif) but I can't seem to get
them arranged like I want. Is there a way to position objects on a
web page using the left and top border.

yes - research CSS absolute position

but, there is almost certainly a far easier way to present your layout. how
far have you got? do you have a URL?

Danny C

No I haven't published it yet. I was just trying to do a fast page for
my buddy to look at. He doesn't even know what he wants to put on it. The
page is for a Biker Bar in Lynchburg, VA. He just wants something to have a
web presents.
So far all I have is the Title and the buttons on the left, and the
background color set. I locked up when I tried to insert a picture. Not
knowing what I am doing I have had problems positioning graphics but somehow
worked through it. With the buttons on the left, I can't put the picture on
the same lines as the .gif buttons. I was going to have the buttons on the
left and a picture of the bar between the buttons and the right margin.

William Tasso

Danny said:
No I haven't published it yet. I was just trying to do a fast
page for my buddy to look at. He doesn't even know what he wants to
put on it. The page is for a Biker Bar in Lynchburg, VA. He just
wants something to have a web presents.
So far all I have is the Title and the buttons on the left, and
the background color set. I locked up when I tried to insert a
picture. Not knowing what I am doing I have had problems positioning
graphics but somehow worked through it. With the buttons on the
left, I can't put the picture on the same lines as the .gif buttons.
I was going to have the buttons on the left and a picture of the bar
between the buttons and the right margin.

sounds like a two column layout - google is your friend 'css two column
layout'

Danny C

Thanks again. It worked great, once I figured out what was what. Been
awhile since my brain had to work that hard ; ) Reminded me of my college
days. Got two pages laid out but I still have to wait for instructions as to
content.
Danny

William Tasso

Danny said:
It worked great, once I figured out what was what.
Been awhile since my brain had to work that hard ; )

oh good - I like happy endings.