    from the left and top border of the form it's on.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Danny
    Danny C, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Danny C wrote:
    > I am not a web developer but have thrown together simple pages in
    > the past. I am trying to set up a page for a friend. I want 5
    > navigation buttons on the left and a picture between the buttons and
    > the right margin. I have the buttons (.gif) but I can't seem to get
    > them arranged like I want. Is there a way to position objects on a
    > web page using the left and top border.

    yes - research CSS absolute position

    but, there is almost certainly a far easier way to present your layout. how
    far have you got? do you have a URL?

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Danny C

    Danny C Guest

    No I haven't published it yet. I was just trying to do a fast page for
    my buddy to look at. He doesn't even know what he wants to put on it. The
    page is for a Biker Bar in Lynchburg, VA. He just wants something to have a
    web presents.
    So far all I have is the Title and the buttons on the left, and the
    background color set. I locked up when I tried to insert a picture. Not
    knowing what I am doing I have had problems positioning graphics but somehow
    worked through it. With the buttons on the left, I can't put the picture on
    the same lines as the .gif buttons. I was going to have the buttons on the
    left and a picture of the bar between the buttons and the right margin.

    Danny C, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Danny C wrote:
    > "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    >> Danny C wrote:
    >>> I am not a web developer but have thrown together simple pages
    >>> in the past. I am trying to set up a page for a friend. I want 5
    >>> navigation buttons on the left and a picture between the buttons and
    >>> the right margin. I have the buttons (.gif) but I can't seem to get
    >>> them arranged like I want. Is there a way to position objects on a
    >>> web page using the left and top border.

    >> yes - research CSS absolute position
    >>
    >> but, there is almost certainly a far easier way to present your
    >> layout. how far have you got? do you have a URL?
    >>

    > No I haven't published it yet. I was just trying to do a fast
    > page for my buddy to look at. He doesn't even know what he wants to
    > put on it. The page is for a Biker Bar in Lynchburg, VA. He just
    > wants something to have a web presents.
    > So far all I have is the Title and the buttons on the left, and
    > the background color set. I locked up when I tried to insert a
    > picture. Not knowing what I am doing I have had problems positioning
    > graphics but somehow worked through it. With the buttons on the
    > left, I can't put the picture on the same lines as the .gif buttons.
    > I was going to have the buttons on the left and a picture of the bar
    > between the buttons and the right margin.

    sounds like a two column layout - google is your friend 'css two column
    layout'

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Oct 30, 2003
  5. Danny C

    Danny C Guest

    Ok thanks. I'll give it a try.

    Danny C, Oct 30, 2003
  6. Danny C

    Danny C Guest

    Thanks again. It worked great, once I figured out what was what. Been
    awhile since my brain had to work that hard ; ) Reminded me of my college
    days. Got two pages laid out but I still have to wait for instructions as to
    content.
    Danny

    Danny C, Oct 30, 2003
  7. Danny C wrote:
    > "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    >> sounds like a two column layout - google is your friend 'css two
    >> column layout'

    > It worked great, once I figured out what was what.
    > Been awhile since my brain had to work that hard ; )

    oh good - I like happy endings.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Oct 30, 2003