object property as reference for html object

torbs

I have a object property containing a reference to a quicktime movie
object.

When I try to use one of the methods in the quicktime object by calling
the reference in the object property I get an error message telling me
that the object do not have the method (in this case SetUrl)

the propery is loadingPlayer

this.loadingPlayer.SetUrl(url);

Tor

Touffy

I have a object property containing a reference to a quicktime movie
object.

When I try to use one of the methods in the quicktime object by calling
the reference in the object property I get an error message telling me
that the object do not have the method (in this case SetUrl)

the propery is loadingPlayer

this.loadingPlayer.SetUrl(url);

The only idea occuring to me right now is that maybe your QuickTime
plugin does not have the enablejavascript (or something like that, I
don't recall the exact syntax) attribute. Can you call its setUrl
method successfully if you give it an id and use getElementById() to
fetch a reference ?

torbs

enable javascript is true, and it is a firefox problem. It works in IE.

I cannot use getElementById nor getElementByName to communicate with
the embeddedd quicktime object, however I can use document.movie.SetUrl
without any problem.

And previously I passed document.movie to the function, which worked
fine. It looked like this:

loadmovie function (player) {
player.SetUrl(url)
}

When I try alert (this.loadingPlayer) I get [object HtmlEmbeddedElement]