Object-Relational Mapping API for Python

Aquarius

I explored Java's Hibernate a bit and I was intrigued by how you can
map entity objects to database tables, preserving all the relations and
constraits. I am interested if there is something like this for Python
- I noticed some APIs in the "Cheeseshop", but most of them were alpha,
better, or seemed to be forsaken a long time ago. Can you recommend me
anything?

Lawrence Oluyede

sIl 2005-11-01 said:
I explored Java's Hibernate a bit and I was intrigued by how you can
map entity objects to database tables, preserving all the relations and
constraits. I am interested if there is something like this for Python
- I noticed some APIs in the "Cheeseshop", but most of them were alpha,
better, or seemed to be forsaken a long time ago. Can you recommend me
anything?

http://sqlobject.org/

Dave Cook

I explored Java's Hibernate a bit and I was intrigued by how you can
map entity objects to database tables, preserving all the relations and
constraits. I am interested if there is something like this for Python
- I noticed some APIs in the "Cheeseshop", but most of them were alpha,
better, or seemed to be forsaken a long time ago. Can you recommend me
anything?

SQLObject is quite mature and actively maintained. I have to say that I
don't care for ORMs much (or at least many of the Python ones); you usually
lose a lot of the power of relational databases.

Dave Cook

Kent Johnson

Aquarius said:
I explored Java's Hibernate a bit and I was intrigued by how you can
map entity objects to database tables, preserving all the relations and
constraits. I am interested if there is something like this for Python
- I noticed some APIs in the "Cheeseshop", but most of them were alpha,
better, or seemed to be forsaken a long time ago. Can you recommend me
anything?

SQLObject, PyDO, Durus and Django's database API.

Kent