    - I noticed some APIs in the "Cheeseshop", but most of them were alpha,
    better, or seemed to be forsaken a long time ago. Can you recommend me
    anything?

    Aquarius, Nov 1, 2005

    http://sqlobject.org/

    --
    Lawrence
    http://www.oluyede.org/blog

    Lawrence Oluyede, Nov 1, 2005

  3. Aquarius

    Dave Cook Guest

    On 2005-11-01, Aquarius <> wrote:

    > I explored Java's Hibernate a bit and I was intrigued by how you can
    > map entity objects to database tables, preserving all the relations and
    > constraits. I am interested if there is something like this for Python
    > - I noticed some APIs in the "Cheeseshop", but most of them were alpha,
    > better, or seemed to be forsaken a long time ago. Can you recommend me
    > anything?

    SQLObject is quite mature and actively maintained. I have to say that I
    don't care for ORMs much (or at least many of the Python ones); you usually
    lose a lot of the power of relational databases.

    Dave Cook

    Dave Cook, Nov 1, 2005
  4. Aquarius

    Kent Johnson Guest

    Aquarius wrote:
    > I explored Java's Hibernate a bit and I was intrigued by how you can
    > map entity objects to database tables, preserving all the relations and
    > constraits. I am interested if there is something like this for Python
    > - I noticed some APIs in the "Cheeseshop", but most of them were alpha,
    > better, or seemed to be forsaken a long time ago. Can you recommend me
    > anything?

    SQLObject, PyDO, Durus and Django's database API.

    Kent

    Kent Johnson, Nov 2, 2005