Object relational mapping with Castor

Discussion in 'Java' started by D L.Strang, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. D L.Strang

    D L.Strang Guest

    Hi

    I'm posting this here as I can't find anywhere else. I don't want to
    post to as this is supposed to be for castor
    developers, hopefully someone can help, or point me to
    somewhere/someone who can

    I am trying to get castor to work...and so far I've been pretty lucky.
    I have a dbconfig.xml and a mapping.xml and my home made Java client
    does indeed persist my Objects to a MySQL database. So far so good,
    however I have to say I'm a bit confused by all these different
    mapping files. I ended up having to write the Object-DB mapping file
    myself following the example in the documents. I haven't quite figured
    out what is being produced by org.exolab.castor.tools.MappingTool and
    the third party application JDOMapper
    (http://o2xmapper.sourceforge.net/jdomapper/) but they don't seem to
    be the 'right thing'. Has anyone nailed this down. Are there any tools
    that produce the Object-Relational mapping file or are you all writing
    them by hand ?

    Cheers
    Duncan L Strang

    D L.Strang, Jul 9, 2003