Object relational mapping with Castor

D L.Strang

Hi

I'm posting this here as I can't find anywhere else. I don't want to
post to (e-mail address removed) as this is supposed to be for castor
developers, hopefully someone can help, or point me to
somewhere/someone who can

I am trying to get castor to work...and so far I've been pretty lucky.
I have a dbconfig.xml and a mapping.xml and my home made Java client
does indeed persist my Objects to a MySQL database. So far so good,
however I have to say I'm a bit confused by all these different
mapping files. I ended up having to write the Object-DB mapping file
myself following the example in the documents. I haven't quite figured
out what is being produced by org.exolab.castor.tools.MappingTool and
the third party application JDOMapper
(http://o2xmapper.sourceforge.net/jdomapper/) but they don't seem to
be the 'right thing'. Has anyone nailed this down. Are there any tools
that produce the Object-Relational mapping file or are you all writing
them by hand ?

Cheers
Duncan L Strang