    required'. when i break and quick-watch the value of
    document.getElementById("cboLocation") , it shows 'null'. btw, there
    is a value in dropdownlist. what should i change??
    CreativeMind, Jul 9, 2008

  2. CreativeMind wrote:
    > I updated my application from VS2003(.NET framework 1.1) to
    > VS2008(.NET framework 3.5).
    > My form uses a dropdownlist cboLocation. In 1.1 there is no error
    > accessing that form. but when i use 3.5, i get error of 'object
    > required'. when i break and quick-watch the value of
    > document.getElementById("cboLocation") , it shows 'null'. btw, there
    > is a value in dropdownlist. what should i change??

    Try Brain 1.0 instead.

    <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jul 9, 2008

  3. CreativeMind

    jdalton Guest

    View the source of the page and see if there is an element with the ID
    of "cboLocation".
    If it's in a master template control or something it may have a prefix
    automatically added to the ID.

    - JDD
    jdalton, Jul 9, 2008