    any chance the w3c will pull their heads out from you know where on this?
    regards
    cw
    code_wrong, May 21, 2006

  2. code_wrong

    Spartanicus Guest

    "code_wrong" <> wrote:

    >Object is a horrible mess
    >embed is logical and easy to use
    >any chance the w3c will pull their heads out from you know where on this?

    What I can say is that the chances of you getting a clue are pretty low.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, May 21, 2006

  3. code_wrong

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Re: object to object -- embed instead

    code_wrong wrote:
    > Object is a horrible mess
    > embed is logical and easy to use

    I guess this is a personal value call. I find object much more logical,
    unlike embed which is a hangover from the browser war era when Netscape
    used the non-standard embed and Microsoft used the non-standard
    bgsound. Neither tag has ever been an official part of html. IE
    eventually supported embed also.

    > any chance the w3c will pull their heads out from you know where on this?

    About the same chance that an unknown relative of mine will leave me
    one billion US dollars. Fortunately Mozilla family browsers, such as
    Firefox, do not support bgsound, but they still support embed. At least
    they now do not support their old unofficial document.layers. IE
    broweser now support both embed and bgsound and the nonstandard
    document.all. Although Opera supports the most modern html and xhtml
    correctly, it also supports embed, bgsound, document.all, and other,
    mostly Microsoftese tags. All of the current main browsers could stand
    some house cleaning, although IE is by far the one most in need of
    this. After all, html4 replaced 3.2 very many years ago, and even xhtml
    has been around many years now.
    cwdjrxyz, May 21, 2006
  4. code_wrong

    Toby Inkster Guest

    code_wrong wrote:

    > Object is a horrible mess
    > embed is logical and easy to use

    OBJECT is logical and easy to use:

    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    data="my_movie.swf"
    height="240"
    width="320">
    plugin installed/enabled. You may want to try downloading
    an external viewer.</p>
    </object>

    Not too complicated is it?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, May 21, 2006
  5. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > code_wrong wrote:
    >
    >> Object is a horrible mess
    >> embed is logical and easy to use

    > OBJECT is logical and easy to use:
    >
    > <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    > data="my_movie.swf"
    > height="240"
    > width="320">
    > plugin installed/enabled. You may want to try downloading
    > an external viewer.</p>
    > </object>
    >
    > Not too complicated is it?

    Hmm maybe but ...

    Embed a sound:

    <embed src="test.wav" width=60 height=15 autostart="false">

    Embed a flash movie:

    <embed src="test.swf" height="200" width="200"></embed>

    Embed a movie:

    <embed src="test.mpg" width="200" height="200">
    code_wrong, May 23, 2006