objectdatasource calling select for any action on the grid

Ramu

Hi,
I implemented paging with gridview using objectdatasource control.
this works fine, it uses sql paging, which means it only gets records
for just one page from the database based on the page number.

all this is fine, but once the data is bound to the grid, I am making
a checkbox column invisible by checking the row count in the grid,
problem here is that when the row count is checked or when column is
made invisible, it fires the select event again which causes the data
to refresh in the grid, even though there is no need for refreshing
the data at this time. this is causing performance issues, please let
me know if there is any way to have explicit control over this select
event? when I try to cancel the select event, then the grid is
becoming empty.

so please let me know how can I have explicit control over refreshing
the grid when it is bound to objectdatasource control?

thanks in advance,
RK