ObjectDataSource could not find a non-generic method error

tparks69

I get the error:

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method
'Insert' that has parameters: last_name, first_name, email, role_id, user_id,
modified_by, modified_date

when my application is trying to insert a record from a formview.

It works fine for delete, update, but insert just keeps failing. I have
removed the OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" from the
objectdatasource as suggested many places... this is how the update and the
delete came to work, but insert is still messed up. How to debug this? When
I put breakpoints into my data access layer (autogenerated by the designer)
they don't even break. They don't break for update or delete either so where
the heck is it running the code to update and delete? This is FRUSTRATING,
anyone got any answers?