    controls (Or can I just assign it to the ObjectDataSource?)

    Thanks,
    Felix.J

    Felix_WafyTech, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup Felix,

    As for the multiple data tables query with objectdatasource, do you mean
    that the query used by your datasource will need to cover mutiple tables or
    you just need to query multiple tables to local side and cache them so that
    objectdatasource can use later? IMO, since objectdatasource control is
    used to bind our databound server control with some custom data access
    component classes, we can consider the customization on the data access
    component class. In our custom data access component class, we can
    encapsulate the internal mutiple data query or caching in the class and
    call them through your exposed methods (select, update ....). e.g:

    we can have class named OrderDAO which is used to manipulate Order datas
    which will refer to other table like customer, order details..... Then,
    we can define some private methods on the OrderDAO class such as an Init
    method which is called by the class once(in constructor or in Select
    method) when necessary, it will access database and read multiple data
    tables and cache the results (datatables) in applciation cache for
    sequential use....

    So how you customize the Data Access component class is up to you, this is
    the most flexible function objectdatasource has provided us.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security