    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com
    David Thielen, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Hi Dave,

    IMO, this is not quite a case supported in ASP.NET 2.0 databinding model.
    As for the ASP.NET 2.0 databinding model, it utilize the datasource
    control(which expose some standard set of interfaces to communicate with
    databound controls). However, those datasource controls should be existing
    in the page's control hierarchy(predefined in page template or dynamicall
    added into the control collectioni) rather than be returned by a certain
    control's method.

    BTW, would you provide the detailed background info about the scenario,
    maybe we can look for some other approaches to achieve it.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 22, 2006

  3. Hi;

    That's what I figured but it never hurts to ask. I have it working now as
    two distinct calls to return two collections and it works fine.

    David Thielen, Mar 22, 2006
  4. That¡¯s fine. Thanks for the followup.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    that others may