ObjectDataSource returns empty object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris Zopers, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. Chris Zopers

    Chris Zopers Guest

    Hello,

    I have some textboxes in a FormView control. The FormView is bound to an
    ObjectDataSource. The ObjectDataSource has a SelectMethod that gets an
    object and the textboxes in the FormView are bound to the Object's
    properties. This all works fine.

    The ObjectDataSource also has an UpdateMethod that points to a function
    that accepts the whole object as a parameter. But when I call the
    ObjectDataSource.Update() method, the specified function is called, but
    the object-parameter is always a completely empty object.

    Does anyone recognize this problem and how can I solve this?

    Greetings,
    Chris

    Chris Zopers, Feb 18, 2008