objectDataSource

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by WertmanTheMad, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Ok, well Im working with .Net 2.0 (VB to be exact) in a ASP.NET
    enviroment

    Im sold on the Code folder(soon to become Application_Code I belive)
    and I SOLD on the MS implementation of Business Objects with that and
    the ability to bind them to data controls

    NOW all that said

    Where can I find a sample that does ADD, UPDATE and DELETE in a VB
    sample ?

    I created a class CutomerObject and it has GetCustomer that does a
    Select * on Customers , and Binds it to a Grid

    Works GREAT

    Now I stubbed Update, Delete and Insert for the moment because well, I
    can get it working but I want to have those available to the Grid
    (less Insert of course since for some reason you cant insert through a
    Grid without writing some extra code , why is that MS ?)

    What would be MUCH appreciated from any souls out there is what do I
    need to do in my Update and Delete methods of the object ?

    What is the PROPER way to do this in .Net 2.0 using the RECCOMEDED MS
    conventions

    Please any sample that do update and delete from a class to an
    objectDataSource

    Pretty please ?

    Chris

    WertmanTheMad, Sep 15, 2004