Obtaining older versions of IE for testing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Curt_C [MVP], Apr 16, 2004.

  1. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Install Windows 95/98/NT/2000
    Beyond that you might find it on some CD's from software makers, they used
    to include 4.x
    MS might also have it in their MSDN subscriptions if you have access.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "Charlie@CBFC" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > Where can I obtain older versions of IE for testing? I checked MS site,

    but

    Curt_C [MVP], Apr 16, 2004

  2. Curt_C [MVP]

    Lostinet Guest

    How old do you want ?

    You can buy 'Microsoft Virtual PC' and install win95 on your VPC . you get
    IE4 .

    --
    Thanks.

    Lostinet (MS ASP.NET MVP)

    ---------------------------
    Need MessageBox,ComboBox,DatePicker,PasswordBox,TreeView,ASP.Net RPC ?
    http://www.lostinet.com/

    Lostinet, Apr 16, 2004

  3. There are sites available that will test your website for compatibility.
    Here's one that you could try: http://www.anybrowser.com/

    Regards,
    Luke Venediger
    http://blogdotnet.blogspot.com