    remotely.

    Thanks

    Wayne

    Wayne Gibson, May 13, 2005

  2. Wayne Gibson

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    You should be able to see enough data from response headers.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, Finland

    Teemu Keiski, May 13, 2005

  3. > Is it possible to determine what web server is running a website, if so
    > how?

    Yup. What information do you want? Machine name, IP address, or Domain name?

    > Also is it possible to determine if the web site is running locally or
    > remotely.

    If you're in the same building, it's running locally. Otherwise, it's
    running remotely. IOW, what coordinate system is "local" and what coordinate
    system is "remote?" Local and remote are relative terms. If I call someone
    in Virginia Beach, it's a local call. If my 101-year-old grandmother in
    Arizona calls the same person, it's long distance.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, May 13, 2005
  4. You can often use this to get the server info.

    Label1.Text = Request.ServerVariables("Server_Software")

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/9768ecfe-8280-4407-b9c0-844f75508752.asp

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], May 13, 2005