occasional SqlException 'a severe error occured...'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sven Schimmel, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Hello all,

    I face the problem that occasional in one WebApplication
    the following error occures:

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A severe error
    occurred on the current command. The results, if any,
    should be discarded.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at ASP.AnbieterDetail_ascx.WriteLog(String StrID,
    String StrKat) in
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\LNO_live\usercontrols\AnbieterDetail.asc
    x:line 38

    This error occures also occasionaly on other Usercontrols,
    in which the SQLServer is accessed. The problem is, that I
    can not reproduce the error. Sometimes it works and
    sometimes not, with the same data in the webform.
    Other Applications with the same basic Architecture do not
    have this problem.
    I looked arround in the internet and saw that a few others
    face a similar problem.

    The Application runs on the Webserver with
    Windows2000AdvancedServer installed and The Database on a
    Databaseserver also with Windows200AdvancedServer
    installed and SqlServer2000.

    If there is any solution to my problem, or if you need
    more information just let me know.

    Thanks a lot.

    Sven
    Sven Schimmel, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Sven Schimmel

    CT Guest

    Sven,

    What does the SQL statement do? Are you working with Stored Procedures? Are
    you doing any row locking (implicit or explicit) that might cause an update,
    insert or deltion to fail?

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Enterprise Development with Visual Studio .NET, UML, and MSF

    CT, Jul 31, 2003