    Anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Gary
    GaryDean, Sep 1, 2007

  2. Hi Gary,

    I'm not quite experienced on this, but I think you can get more idea from
    the website of those internet components's introducing page or the related
    discussion forum as some one there may comment them. Here is someone I've
    searched:

    http://pcwin.com/software/Code39/index-1.htm

    http://www.brothersoft.com/software_developer/microsoft_.net/ocr.net_barcode
    _components_53844.html

    http://software.techrepublic.com.com/download.aspx?docid=275502

    BTW, you can also try posting in the MSDN or ASP.NET forum to see whether
    there is anyone there can give some advice.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 3, 2007

  3. I recently did it via 'MODI' (Microsoft Office Document Imaging),
    which comes by default with Office 2003, or by explicit choice in
    Office 2007.

    Basically its object model was to instantiate the component with a
    graphics file, call OCR method of object, iterate through it's Images
    collection, which would have Words collection.

    Faced some issues of Interop COM wrapper around MODI component not
    releasing closed files/buffers immediately.

    Isolated COM wrapper in a separate process (one instance per request),
    talked to this process via stdin/stdout redirected to stream, and life
    was good!
    Muhammad Naveed Yaseen, Sep 3, 2007