ODBC and ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jayuya, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. jayuya

    jayuya Guest

    I am using the Microsoft.data.ODBC.dll as a reference in
    my project. Also, I do a few Imports in a VB class that I
    have, so I can use the ODBCConnection, datareader,
    dataadapter, etc... So far everything is good in my
    development computer...

    Problem:
    when I move all the files to the live server I get error
    "File or Assembly microsoft.data.ODBC was not found..."

    Well, I decided to place the microsoft.data.odbc.dll in
    the bin folder and it works, but honestly I don't even
    know why.

    Is that supposed to be there? If so, why it does not get
    added when I compile the project?
    Can someone give me some feedback because it is working,
    but I really want to know more about this....

    thanks,
    jayuya

    jayuya, Aug 26, 2003