ODBC Bridge Connections From JSP Help

Discussion in 'Java' started by Robert Nurse, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Robert Nurse

    Robert Nurse Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm just learning JSP and I've run into a problem. I'm trying to get
    a database connection for a login page I've created using Jakarta's
    DBTag library. I configured the ODBC data source (proj3odbc) on the
    box that Tomcat 5.X runs on. The DBMS, however, runs on another box.
    I've verified that the datasource works. The user name is userxxx and
    the password is ASECRET. Here's my JSP connection code:

    // Make database connection via the Sun ODBC Bridge
    <sql:connection id="dbCon">
    <sql:url>jdbc:eek:dbc:proj3odbc:userxxx:ASECRET</sql:url>
    <sql:driver>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</sql:driver>
    </sql:connection>

    But I keep getting:

    javax.servlet.ServletException: java.sql.SQLException:
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
    default driver specified

    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:673)
    org.apache.jsp.LoginPage_jsp._jspService(LoginPage_jsp.java:313)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:311)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

    Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

    TIA

    Robert Nurse, Nov 11, 2003