    Where can I get it, is there any tutorial doc for it ?

    Thank's.

    ML.

    Micla, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Micla

    Dan Wilga Guest

    In article <cj0rjq$h61$>,
    Micla <> wrote:

    > I'm a newcomer in Perl : I'm advised to use an ODBC driver to access a
    > local database from a Perl Script.
    >
    > Where can I get it, is there any tutorial doc for it ?

    One starting point is the documentation for DBI and DBD::ODBC, on
    cpan.perl.org .

    --
    Dan Wilga
    ** Remove the -MUNGE in my address to reply **

    Dan Wilga, Sep 24, 2004

  3. > I'm a newcomer in Perl : I'm advised to use an ODBC driver to access a
    > local database from a Perl Script.

    DBI-DBD is an excellent approach. Alternately, if your platform is Windows
    you might consider Win32::ODBC; perhaps easier, definitely not portable.

    You should specify your OS and your DMBS.

    Michèle.

    Michele Ouellet, Sep 24, 2004