ODBC Driver

Micla

I'm a newcomer in Perl : I'm advised to use an ODBC driver to access a
local database from a Perl Script.

Where can I get it, is there any tutorial doc for it ?

Thank's.

ML.

Dan Wilga

Micla said:
I'm a newcomer in Perl : I'm advised to use an ODBC driver to access a
local database from a Perl Script.

Where can I get it, is there any tutorial doc for it ?

One starting point is the documentation for DBI and DBD::ODBC, on
cpan.perl.org .

Michele Ouellet

I'm a newcomer in Perl : I'm advised to use an ODBC driver to access a
local database from a Perl Script.

DBI-DBD is an excellent approach. Alternately, if your platform is Windows
you might consider Win32::ODBC; perhaps easier, definitely not portable.

You should specify your OS and your DMBS.

Michèle.