odbc drivers and XP

hugh welford

Hi - using XP pro with IIS to develop offline asp data access site.

Suddenly, my DSNs and odbc drivers have disappeared - the only thing I can
think of is that an XP auto update has done this in some way.

Can anyone tell me how to get hold of and re-instal odbc drivers to allow
me to connect with ACCESS data bases.

Thanks Hugh

Bob Barrows [MVP]

hugh said:
Hi - using XP pro with IIS to develop offline asp data access site.

Suddenly, my DSNs and odbc drivers have disappeared - the only thing
I can think of is that an XP auto update has done this in some way.

Can anyone tell me how to get hold of and re-instal odbc drivers to
allow me to connect with ACCESS data bases.

Thanks Hugh
:)
Seems like the perfect time to break the odbc crutch ...
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

However, if you're bound and determined,
You need to go to microsoft.com and search for the Jet components download.

Bob Barrows

Paxton

hugh said:
Hi - using XP pro with IIS to develop offline asp data access site.

Suddenly, my DSNs and odbc drivers have disappeared - the only thing I can
think of is that an XP auto update has done this in some way.

Can anyone tell me how to get hold of and re-instal odbc drivers to allow
me to connect with ACCESS data bases.

Thanks Hugh

The short answer is don't. Use the native OLEDB driver instead.

http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/whyOLEDB.asp

/P.