    Can anyone tell me how to get hold of and re-instal odbc drivers to allow
    me to connect with ACCESS data bases.

    Thanks Hugh

    hugh welford, Feb 27, 2006

  2. hugh welford wrote:
    > Hi - using XP pro with IIS to develop offline asp data access site.
    >
    > Suddenly, my DSNs and odbc drivers have disappeared - the only thing
    > I can think of is that an XP auto update has done this in some way.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to get hold of and re-instal odbc drivers to
    > allow me to connect with ACCESS data bases.
    >
    > Thanks Hugh

    :)
    Seems like the perfect time to break the odbc crutch ...
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

    However, if you're bound and determined,
    You need to go to microsoft.com and search for the Jet components download.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 28, 2006

  3. hugh welford

    Paxton Guest

    hugh welford wrote:
    > Hi - using XP pro with IIS to develop offline asp data access site.
    >
    > Suddenly, my DSNs and odbc drivers have disappeared - the only thing I can
    > think of is that an XP auto update has done this in some way.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to get hold of and re-instal odbc drivers to allow
    > me to connect with ACCESS data bases.
    >
    > Thanks Hugh

    The short answer is don't. Use the native OLEDB driver instead.

    http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/whyOLEDB.asp

    /P.

    Paxton, Feb 28, 2006
  4. hugh welford

    hugh welford Guest

    thanks bob - time to bite the bullet, as you say
    hugh

    hugh welford, Feb 28, 2006
  5. hugh welford

    hugh welford Guest