ODBC: Obtaining output params

keith.souhrada

I'm fairly new to Ruby, as well as using the ODBC library. So far, I've
had very little problems using it... running queries, stored procs,
etc. However, I cannot seem to get an output parameter from a stored
proc that I run.

Here's a basic example of my DB connection and queries...

require 'odbc'

dbcon = ODBC.connect( host, username, password )

outVar = -1
queryStatement = "call sp_TestSP( 2, #{@outVar} )"
query = dbcon.prepare( queryStatement )
query.execute()

At this point I can retrieve the return value if the stored proc
returns anything, but I cannot for my life figure out how to get the
output parameter that was set. @outVar is not changed, though I know
the stored proc is doing it internally.

Any help on retreiving an output param that is set would be great!

Thanks for any help!