ODBC problem

HB

Guys,

On an ASP.NET web application,
Each time I try to generate a connection string to be linked to an ODBC I
get the error

"The .Net Data OLE DB Provider(System.Data.OleDb) does not support the
MSDASQL Provider, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers"

I have .Net Framework 1.1., Windows XP Pro

Please advise how to solve the problem

Best Regards
HB

Alex Papadimoulis

Hello HB,

You cannot use the Ole for Odbc Drivers. The database actually has to be an
Ole datasource if your using an Ole provider. Instead, use the Odbc
namespace, such as OdbcConnection, OdbcCommand, etc.

Alex Papadimoulis