ODBC to Oracle (data source name not found)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Michael J. Moore, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. I have set up an ODBC connection to an oracle database named MIKE on my
    local machine. I have tested this ODBC connection using EXCEL and it works
    fine. The same data source results in ...
    -----------------
    Python 2.2.3 (#42, May 30 2003, 18:12:08) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
    >>> import dbi
    >>> import odbc
    >>> d=odbc.odbc('mike/mike/guess')

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    dbi.operation-error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not
    found
    and no default driver specified in LOGIN

    What am I not doing correctly?
    TIA Mike

    Michael J. Moore, Jul 21, 2003